Warm Desserts that are healthy! Try this one with your favourite fruits for a lovely yet healthy treat – you deserve it!
- 4 large pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs grated orange rind
- 100 mL freshly squeezed orange juice
- 6 sheets filo pastry, at room temperature
- olive or canola oil spray
- 250 g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180°C fan forced).
- Place pears, dates, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon rind and 60mL juice into a large saucepan over a moderate heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until pears have softened.
- Place a sheet of filo flat on a clean surface. Spray with oil then repeat with two more sheets. Cut the stack in half to form 2 squares and set aside. Repeat with remaining sheets of filo.
- Put ¼ pear mixture into the centre of each filo square. Bring up corners and gently pinch filo above fruit mix to shape into a pouch. Lightly spray with oil. Bake on a tray lined with baking paper for 12-15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Using a stick mixer or electric beaters, blend ricotta with honey and remaining juice and rind in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Serve parcels immediately with ricotta cream mix on the side.
- Substitute pears for nashi fruit or apples.
- Fruit can be cooked, covered, in a heat-proof microwave-safe dish on HIGH (100%) for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally
|per serve||per 100g|
|Energy||1326 kJ||436 kJ|
|Protein||11 g||3.6 g|
|Fat, total||9.1 g||3 g|
|— saturated||2.8 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||45.1 g||14.8 g|
|— sugars||24.7 g||8.2 g|
|Sodium||321.9 mg||106 mg|
|Fibre||7 g||2.3 g|